About the Program
Our exclusive training program is offered in cooperation with the institutes of the KIT Department of Mechanical Engineering, whose innovation-driven research interlinks projects with industry partners. Participants will be given the opportunity to become involved in one of these industry projects, joining via a 3-month student assistant position for applied research projects. College Program participants will gain qualifications in the fundamentals of industry-related research – oriented project work for their future professional careers.
Immersion in a project oriented work environment is very common for engineers. Students looking to participate are required to possess intermediate to advanced technical knowledge and organizational skills, along with strong team-player attributes.
Students of the CBS College Programs can apply for the Smart Projects .
Who can participate?
The SmartCoop@KIT program is available to all creative, innovative College Program participants in their 3rd – 5th semesters in solid academic standing.
Facts about SmartCoop@KIT
The training program SmartCoop@KIT is
- providing students with exclusive insights into industrial research at KIT
- set up as practical phase at the Mechanical Engineering institutes of KIT
- organized as a 3-month student assistant position on an industry-related research project
- open to selected participants of the CBS College Program (legal action excluded)
Benefits for our students
The participants will gain...
- practical experience in industry-related research
- direct links to the Mechanical Engineering institutes of KIT
- knowledge directly from research experts
- management and presentation skills
- a sense of the modern job market
- intercultural competency
- the potential opportunity to write a Bachelor's thesis with one of the Mechanical Engineering institutes at KIT
Institutes in cooperation
How to apply for SmartCoop@KIT
Students of the CBS College Programs can apply for the Smart Projects . In order to apply, please fill out the form below and send your additional documents including your current CV, Motiviation Letter and Grade Sheet via email to
We are looking forward to your applications for SmartCoop@KIT!
SmartFactory@Industry is a hands-on industry training, which, together with our industry partners like Daimler or Bosch aims to enhance the practical as well as theoretical knowledge of Carl Benz School students in the field of Industry 4.0.
Our hands-on industry program
The research-oriented 3-month-project offers selected participants of the College Program the chance to gain first-hand experience in exploring fundamental engineering-scientific research questions within the status of a student assistant position.More about SmartScience@KIT