Please find the admission requirements for our B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (International) below:
High School Degree
We accept School Leaving certificates such as: US High School Diploma, Abitur, International Baccalaureate, etc.
- Transcript of Records may be submitted should the final school leaving certificates not be available.
- To find out if your High School Diploma is authorized to study in Germany, please consult the DAAD database.
- Fill out the Confirmation of the Anticipated School Leaving Certificate.
Excellent Grades in Mathematics and Physics
- Physics and Mathematics must be present on the last two years of the High School Transcript of Records.
- Should this not be the case, applicants may upload SAT II Subject test scores or a comparable equivalent in the missing subject to fulfill this requirement. For more information, please reach out to the Admissions Department for additional information.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants are required to include proof of English language proficiency. Should English not be their native language, applicants are required to provide one of the following:
(University of Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English)
(University of Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
|570 pb // 250 cb // 88 iBT||
Band score of 6.5
(and no section lower than 5.5)
|Level II or better|
Proof of English language proficiency is not required for applicants who:
- have had English as the language of instruction within the last two years of their schooling. The Declaration of English Proficiency form can be submitted in order to receive a waiver from any English language testing obligations.
- demonstrate that they have obtained a General Certificate of Education (GCE) at A-level or AS-level with a minimum grade of "B" in English.
- obtained an "International Baccalaureate (IB)" as a university entrance qualification and can prove at least a grade 5 in the subject English.
Please note that German language proficiency in not required to apply to the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International) study program. Students of the College Program at the Carl Benz School have the option to join our German language courses.
Your motivation letter should be written in English and not exceed two pages. It should contain the following topics:
- Introduction and personal background
- Interest and skill related to science and engineering
- Motivations for choosing to study Mechanical Engineering
- Personal goals during your studies
- Future career goals
Please prepare all your documents as electronic PDFs to be uploaded online via the KIT Application Portal. All applications must be submitted by the April 30th deadline.
The KIT Online Application Portal for the B.Sc. program in Mechanical Engineering (International) at the Carl Benz School of Engineering for a start in the winter semester 2023/2024 is currently open and remains active until April 30th, 2023. We look forward towards your applications!
Frequently asked questions
What happens after I have submitted my application?
You will receive a notification via the KIT Application Portal if any documents should be missing. Missing documents can be submitted within the application period through the Application Portal where you can also view your application status. The final admission decisions will be notified 2-3 weeks after the application deadline has passed on April 30th each year. Please check your email inbox at a regular basis.
What happens if my High School Degree is not recognized?
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, you will either get a direct or an indirect university admission. If your degree is not recognized, you are then given an indirect admission. This means that you are obliged to pass the Assessment of Eligibility in order to gain enrolment in the B.Sc. program in Mechanical Engineering (International). The Assement of Eligibility is part of the Pre-Semester, an eight-week preparatory course in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. It starts in August each year.
Did you attend a school abroad and obtain a school-leaving qualification there or did you study at an International School in Germany?
In this case, you need to get your transcript evaluated as equivalent to a school-leaving certificate in the state of Baden-Württemberg. The approved document is required for the winter semester enrolment at the Carl Benz School of Engineering / KIT. Please contact the Regional Council, "Regierungspräsidium" in Stuttgart for further information.
- For more information, please take a look at our application and admission flyer or take a look at our general FAQ.
- For the official document on study and examination regulations of the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International), click here.
- For the official document on admission regulations of the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International), click here.
Get your applications documents ready: You can now apply to our English-taught Bachelor of science program in Mechanical Engineering (International) at the Carl Benz School of Engineering in Karlsruhe, Germany, for a start in the winter semester 2023/2024! Our Online Application Portal is now active and stays open until April 30th, 2023. We look forward towards your applications for B.Sc. in MEI and the CBS College Program.