Please find the admission requirements for our B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (International) below:
High School Degree
We accept School Leaving certificates such as: US High School Diploma, Abitur, International Baccalaureate, etc.
- Transcript of Records may be submitted should the final school leaving certificates not be available.
- To find out if your High School Diploma is authorized to study in Germany, please consult the DAAD database.
- Fill out the Confirmation of the Anticipated School Leaving Certificate.
Excellent Grades in Mathematics and Physics
- Physics and Mathematics must be present on the last two years of the High School Transcript of Records.
- Should this not be the case, applicants may upload SAT II Subject test scores or a comparable equivalent in the missing subject to fulfill this requirement. For more information, please reach out to the Admissions Department for additional information.
SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) - Important Update
- Math & Evidence-Based Reading
- Minimum score of 1.200 points
The Carl Benz School of Engineering and KIT strive to ensure that applying to the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International) study program is open and accessible to all. Due to the exceptional circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing limited accessibility to SAT testing, the SAT has been waived as an admission requirement for the 2022/2023 winter semester.* Applicants are encouraged to apply for the 2022/2023 winter semester with or without the SAT scores.
*As subject to the final decision of the KIT senate
English Language Proficiency
- Applicants are required to include proof of English language proficiency in the form of TOEFL or IELTS should English not be their native language. Applicants must score at least:
TOEFL* IELTS 570 pb // 250 cb // 88 iBT Band score of 6.5
If English has been the language of instruction of your higher education, you may submit our Declaration of English Proficiency form to be waived from English language testing obligations.
Please note that German language proficiency in not required to apply to the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International) study program. Students of the College Program at the Carl Benz School can join our German language courses.
* Applicants to the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International) program for the Fall 2022 semester may apply with their TOEFL Take Home Edition scores. All applications must be submitted by the April 30th application deadline.
Please prepare all your documents as electronic PDFs to be uploaded online via the KIT Application Portal. All applications must be submitted by the April 30th deadline.
The KIT Online Application Portal for the B.Sc. program in Mechanical Engineering (International) at the Carl Benz School of Engineering has closed on April 30th, 2022. We thank all applicants for applying to the 2022/2023 winter semester. The Online Application Portal will open again in December this year for the application to B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (International) starting in the 2023/2024 winter semester.
Frequently asked questions
What happens after I have submitted my application?
You will receive a notification via the KIT Application Portal if any documents should be missing. Missing documents can be submitted within the application period through the Application Portal where you can also view your application status. The final admission decisions will be notified 2-3 weeks after the application deadline has passed on April 30th each year. Please check your email inbox at a regular basis.
What happens if my High School Degree is not recognized?
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, you will either get a direct or an indirect university admission. If your degree is not recognized, you are then given an indirect admission. This means that you are obliged to pass the Assessment of Eligibility in order to gain enrolment in the B.Sc. program in Mechanical Engineering (International). The Assement of Eligibility is part of the Pre-Semester, an eight-week preparatory course in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. It starts in August each year.
Did you attend a school abroad and obtain a school-leaving qualification there or did you study at an International School in Germany?
In this case, you need to get your transcript evaluated as equivalent to a school-leaving certificate in the state of Baden-Württemberg. The approved document is required for the winter semester enrolment at the Carl Benz School of Engineering / KIT. Please contact the Regional Council, "Regierungspräsidium" in Stuttgart for further information.
- For more information, please take a look at our application and admission flyer or take a look at our general FAQ.
- For the official document on study and examination regulations of the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International), click here.
- For the official document on admission regulations of the B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (International), click here.