About the Carl Benz School
The Carl Benz School of Engineering is the dedicated Mechanical Engineering College within the renowned Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), offering students worldwide the unique opportunity to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering in English. Positioned within the KIT structure, the Carl Benz School seamlessly blends autonomous identity with institutional integration, providing a collegiate atmosphere for students of diverse backgrounds to pursue a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering (International), exclusively instructed in English. This academic environment prioritizes essential elements, including educational support, counseling, and motivation, which are integral to a rigorous and fulfilling learning experience.
Throughout their studies at the Carl Benz School, students can immerse themselves in the prestigious German institution while residing in a diverse international college environment. This distinctive experience encompasses a range of exclusive benefits that distinguish them from their peers at KIT:
- Guaranteed On-Campus Housing: Our students enjoy the assurance of secure on-campus housing, conveniently located in the heart of Karlsruhe, just a stone's throw away from the campus, the city's main shopping district, and the historic castle.
- Individual Academic Counseling: We provide tailored academic counseling services to support each student’s unique educational journey
- Administrative Assistance: Our dedicated team offers invaluable assistance with university-related matters and navigates the intricacies of German bureaucracy on your behalf.
- Small Group Tutorials: Specialized small group tutorials are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in essential examinations.
- Personalized Mentoring: Our students benefit from individual mentoring by doctoral students and early career researchers from various KIT labs, helping them make informed choices about their third-year major and future career paths.
- Ongoing Career Guidance: We offer continuous career guidance and support to help students chart their professional trajectories.
- Industry Insight: Regular meetings, seminars, and informal discussions with industry leaders, professors, and top researchers provide invaluable insights into diverse career paths and foster meaningful connections.
- Industry Excursions: Students have the opportunity to embark on excursions to various industries to gain firsthand knowledge and experience.
- Internship Opportunities: In their third year, students can explore internships with famous companies, including Mercedes Benz.
- Hands-On Workshops: Our curriculum includes practical workshops that enable students to apply classroom knowledge in real-world scenarios
- Language and Culture: German language classes and cultural excursions are thoughtfully integrated into students’ schedules, complementing their academic commitments.
- Personal Development: We offer personal development workshops and activities, including project management and time management workshops, to enhance students’ skills and abilities.
- Social Engagement: Our students actively participate in a range of social activities, fostering not only academic growth but also the development of a close-knit network of international peers, enduring friendships, and personal growth.
As part of the KIT, the Carl Benz School creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. From fundamental research to applications, KIT excels in a broad range of disciplines, i.e. in natural sciences, engineering sciences, economics, and the humanities and social sciences. It strives to make significant contributions to the global challenges of humankind in the fields of energy, mobility and information. As the research university in the Helmholtz Association , KIT is a unique science and education institution, which takes part in international competition and holds a leading position within technology universities worldwide (see Rankings). KIT’s innovation efforts build a bridge between important scientific findings and their application for the benefit of society, economic prosperity, and the preservation of our natural basis of life. Read more about this in the KIT Mission Statement.
For the duration of their studies, Carl Benz School students receive the privilege of various add-ons of the international college like structure:
- Students have access to the facilities and services at the KIT.
- Students attend compact classes with an elite structure consisting of not more than 40 students, offered by the university lecturers of KIT.
- Students receive constant career guidance and support.
- Students join various social activites with the focus being not only on studying, but also on the building of a close network of international peers, friendships and life-long connections as well as to grow as an individual.
Watch the Carl Benz School Image Film
The Carl Benz School of Engineering is the Mechanical Engineering College of the top university Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Students who choose CBS decide for one of the best universities in Mechanical Engineering in Germany & worldwide. The program combines excellent lectures with small classes, a direct contact to the professors and an early contact with industry. The Carl Benz School of Engineering was founded in 1999 as the Mechanical Engineering College of the worldwide renown Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, a prestigious university in the wealthy south of Germany. KIT was founded in 1825 as the University of Karlsruhe and was merged with the Karlsruhe Research Center in 2009. Carl Benz studied here himself and this remembers us of our history every day.
A unique learning experience as well as an individualized study and career support are just some of the reasons to choose the College Program at Carl Benz School. Find out some more reasons for our CBS College Program.Get to know the CBS College Program
CBS offers high school graduates the unique opportunity to study internationally renowned German engineering in English. The 3-year bachelor’s program aims to prepare future engineers for a successful career.Learn more about our Bachelor Program
Take a sneak peek into the world of Engineering! Our Summer Programs for high school students are the perfect opportunity to get first insights into the fascinating field of Mechanical Engineering. Join us this summer in Karlsruhe, Germany and be part of a fantastic summer experience. Excellent lectures, fun team events and excursions are waiting for you. Save your spot today!
Register now for a great summer!